Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 25, 2011

Saving my family

Hello and welcome to my blog where I am free to speak on what I believe I can do to improve my life and those of my family, I hope you enjoy.

Please note!: although I may state that a recipe/product is free from certain products/substances this may not be the case in what you, yourself use. Always read packaging and check on line for more information.

So to put it simply today is the day I call it quits! quits on the number one item on my hit list SUGAR!. Its made me fat, it continuously seduces me, wreaks havoc and then leaves making me feel depleted, and then craving for more. I get irritable, moody in fact aggressive!, I have at times got the shakes and swinging from high to low. Well no more. It's controlling my life, my family and especially my two youngest boys who are now overweight and have turned into nectar feeding sugar tubbies hovering around for their next hit. Chocolate, cereal, Milo, Nutella, food bars, puddings, ice cream, jellies, biscuits its just never ending. I tried once before and failed but this time I am determined to win and create a lifestyle that I hope will improve the quality of life for my family saving them from future illnesses like diabetes, obesity, cancer, auto immune disorders just to name a few. There is more and more evidence emerging on the dangers of sugar and in particular fructose which has been a huge part of our lives even when we were not aware of it. It is added to almost everything that is manufactured. I have come to the point in my life when I just cringe when I walk through the glass doors of any supermarket and all I can do is observe as I watch consumers doing what they do best consuming products designed to get you hooked and coming back. The everyday supermarket is licensed DRUG dealer Taking you're hard earned cash allowing you to choose your poison and leave . It has taken me years of reading, asking and searching to find out answers thank goodness to the dedicated people out there who spend huge amounts of their time gathering, researching, writing and sending out the messages of the dangers of not only sugar but other questionable substances that have found their way into the human food chain. I really wish I knew what I know now so I could have protected my children from the addictive toxic food industry . My ultimate goal is to create a community growing and thriving on their own grown food, connecting with this earth and truly living on food designed for humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment