sugar free cooking: Last night I poached some gorgeous quinces with just a little water and dextrose, to add more sweetness I used Natvia. I served mine with coconut cream (dairy free)and they were just divine. Nearly anything I cook except for meat, I eat raw to try balance it out I guess as I do have a hint of guilt when I do cook those precious beautiful live foods.
Chocolate
Last week I made my own chocolates with raw cacao butter, coconut oil, raw cacao powder and sweetener. I need to perfect my chocolate making skills (tempering) so I can get the desired texture that I like.
Kids
well the kids are not liking the changes. I now insist they use the dextrose on their cereal which is usually weetbix or oats they still want to drink soft drinks and Milo apart from restricting them from these I will need to find an alternative or make a fructose free substitute.

No comments:
Post a Comment