Well it has been a week and yesterday I awoke with a headache, and feeling a tad fluish, I have no idea if it is the sugar detox or the fact I had been eating wheat, I really don't know if I am wheat intolerant. I have many times felt quite unwell for days after a bread/wheat binge-bloating, fatigue,hay fever, mood changes and brain fog/brain grain, I am not sure.So recently I had a some bloods and stool tests for coeliac disease. I asked for it specifically due to the ongoing digest upsets and elevated liver enzymes Transaminase. I have no idea why this is up, apparently it is not due to alcohol, as alcohol elevates other enzymes as well. The doctor could not really explain why other than it could be FATTY LIVER!! YES I am FAT!, but the levels have always been up and interestingly enough, recent tests show the they have decreased. So my thoughts are, that since I have reduced the amount of sugar considerably over the years, with only my regular outbreaks of chocolate or cakes, or biscuits, I am wondering if the in fact it is FRUCTOSE causing my elevations. Hmmm I will indeed have a liver check in maybe 3 mths to see how things are going, and see if there is any difference with abstaining from SUGAR.. I doubt I have coeliacs even though wheat does affect me. I just don't have all of the symptoms, well the extreme ones anyway.
Whats going on in the HOME FRONT
On Saturday I did some shopping with my husband and I find it excruciatingly DIFFICULT! good lordy he is one hooked sugar baby. I shouldn't have expected anything else. His diet consists of golden syrup sandwiches, toast with jam, soft drinks, tomato sauce on everything, large tubs of ice cream, microwave self saucing puddings, beer, chocolate and god only knows what else he has stashed or eats while he is a work. I have found evidence many times, with wrappers and cans tucked away in the car. He has always been like this and I was too till about 10 years ago. I ate chocolate daily with a doughnut, can of coke and a meat pie and we always soft drink in the fridge. I do realise now how much I have reduced my sugar intake no chocolate or desserts daily for me and with my last child I did get gestational diabetes and that was enough to scare me into watching the sugar. I rarely buy sugary treats and only ever do when I am PMSing!. The saddest thing is I raised all my children as sugar babies, three are adults and the 2 still at home and are well and truly hooked. I am quite desperate now, trying really hard to break the habit and only one person stands in my way, my HUSBAND!! grrrr!!! So back to that shopping, so indeed I filled the trolley with veg and meat, oats, butter and a few bits and pieces (no sugar) and whilst standing in the spread aisle, I picked up the nutella, hmmmm 52% sugar comparing a few brands we found one labled, 25% less sugar. My husband was convinced it was ok and was going to put it in the trolley when I took it from him and read the label. It was 42% sugar! I looked at him and said NAH! lets get the organic peanut butter and both agreed bought the 1kg tub and end of story....NOT!! I came home today and found in a shopping bag that tub of nutella! F@#$! and not even the sugar reduced one. HE has got a serious problem! when I quizzed him about it, he couldn't remember buying it and went in to total brain freeze , he did take a trip to the shops last night specifically to buy our 10 year olds lunch STUFF and for some reason now, didn't remember buying that (nutella) along with chocolate custards and flavoured milks arrgghhh! WHAT! a total sugar FESTIVAL!. I am so angry and so over it! This is WAR! I am determined as HELL! so today I am going to make my own NUT CHOCOLATE spread. Ill will post pics and the recipe if it is a success. What I intend doing is using the 1kg of peanut butter and just adding extra ingredients to make something a at least half decent for them to eat. so I thinkmaybe RAW CACAO, DEXTROSE, VANILLA, MILK POWDER and COCONUT OIL all blended up, sounds YUMBO to me :)
JEn

No comments:
Post a Comment